The Company is a non-profit organisation that offers shelter, counselling and support services to women who are experiencing sexual gender-based violence, and those who are human trafficking survivors, asylum seekers, refugees, and migrant workers. The company is also involved in advocacy work, regularly and fervently highlighting to policymakers the need for reforms that address the plight of these women, especially human trafficking victims.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Shelter according to the Standard
- Operating Procedures, including basic chores, food and provisions.
- Responsible to look after the needs of the residents and provide assistance to residents on daily living, including personal hygiene and cleanliness
- Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the shelter so as to provide a neat, clean and comfortable environment to residents.
- Ensure the safety and protection of residents.
- Implement schedules and coordinate the programme activities in the Shelter.
- Provide the necessary care services and support required by residents and ensure residents receive the highest quality care.
- Ensure that food supplies and household items are sufficiently stocked in the Shelter.
- Minimum qualification: SPM
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in providing care services. Past experience in working at a shelter or residential setting will be an advantage.
- Holds a valid driver’s licence.
- Required to work on shifts, including night and weekends shifts.
- Physical ability to perform all duties associated with this position.
- Ability to work with a diverse group respectfully and non-judgmentally.
- Good team player with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Matured, flexible with positive attitude.
- Basic computer skills.
Terms of the Role
- Working days and hours: 8 – 10 hour shifts, including night shifts, with one rest day per week
- Salary – RM1,500 – RM1,800 per month
- Benefits: EPF, SOCSO, Annual leave, medical leave
- One-year contract