The organisation is a non-profit organisation that offers shelter, counselling and support services to women who are experiencing sexual gender-based violence, and those who are human trafficking survivors, asylum seekers, refugees, and migrant workers. The organisation is also involved in advocacy work, regularly and fervently highlighting to policymakers the need for reforms that address the plight of these women, especially human trafficking victims.
- Plan, direct, coordinate, organise and evaluate programme activities in accordance to the missionand goals of the organization.
- Develop initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organisation.
- Supervise and manage Shelter staff, volunteers and program participants.
- Lead the outreach program team to implement activities according to design and annual plan of the organisation.
- Establish a pool of volunteers to assist with programs conducted at the Centre.
- Network, manage relationships and attend meetings with other agencies, organisations and sponsors.
- Prepare Annual Report and Annual Budget; ensure programs are implemented within the approved budget; monitor and approve all budgeted programs and expenditures.
- Oversee advocacy efforts on critical issues relevant to the strategic direction and priorities of the organisation.
- Bachelor Degree in Psychology, Sociology, Human or Social Service Management or equivalent
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience, preferably at supervisory/management level, in a social or public service environment or similar resident shelter setting.
- Familiar with trauma-informed, client-centred, strength-based and empowerment models.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, and maintain a professional and positive demeanour at all times.
- Ability to manage residents in a firm yet compassionate manner.
- Ability to deal with sensitive situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to initiate and develop relationships with outside service agencies to support program objectives for residents.
- Ability to manage operations to ensure facility is properly maintained and secured in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Ability to develop, train and manage employee performance to achieve the goals and objectives of the organisation.
- Proficient in computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Terms of the Role
- Mondays – Saturdays (51/2 Days), 9am – 5pm.
- Salary – RM2900 – RM3200 per month
- Benefits – EPF, SOCSO, Annual leave, medical leave
- The role is based on a one- year contract (renewable)