The organisation is a foundation that works to alleviate problems associated with urban poverty by addressing the needs of disadvantaged inner-city children. They aim to give these children a positive future by building their confidence and giving them the skills to become productive members of society. The staff of the foundation are committed to helping children reach their full potential, according to the Convention on the Rights of the Child, the Child Act and the Child Protection Policy.
- Promoting and enhancing children’s talents and skills, building and developing a child’s confidence, encouraging children to be friendly and have good relationships while they’re young.
- Preparing daily programs and conducting relevant activities for the children (appropriate to the age) in a structured and planned manner to encourage all areas of child development (emotionally, socially, intellectually and physically).
- Responsible for the care of infants and children and ensure they are in good condition and healthy.
- Responsible for maintaining the dormitories as safe, comfortable places for children to stay. To ensure that linens and bedding are clean and the atmosphere is calm and homelike.
- To maintain the cleanliness of the centre. Ensuring that cleaning work is carried out these includes sweep & mopping the floor & staircase, wiping window, clean up pantry, wash dishes, cook/preparing meals for children (when necessary), etc.
- To keep children progress record and to access their development.
- Conduct regular inventory of the lines, cleaning supplies and other supplies.
- Sort through donated items as time allows, so that items can be used or given away, and space is organized. Donated supplies are kept in the storage.
- Good communication skills and the ability to positively interact with children, parents and other staff members.
- Must have patience and understanding and the ability to keep up with energetic children.
- Multi-tasking and can work efficiently with minimum supervision
- Expected to be patience, compassionate and sensitive to child’s emotions
- Very flexible and can manage stress.
- Must be able to work with a diverse group of kids from different background and able to follow instructions and carry out duties without constant supervision.
- Minimum SPM certification
- Able to speak and write in Bahasa Malaysia and English
- Preferably with some experience working with children or minimum 1 year experience in child care.
Terms of the Role
- The foundation is open to taking dedicated individuals on a part time or full-time basis
- Salary is negotiable based on skills and experience.