An Asia Pacific Shared Services unit with over 850 professionals that supports a wide range of customer accounting and network operations activities and HR services across Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East & North Africa, Sub Saharan Africa and the USA is looking for an Associate – RtR with the following areas of work.
- Ensure that reports are completed in accordance with reporting deadlines set by Area and Regional Office (monthly, quarterly and annually) and internal accounting controls are reviewed periodically and make recommendations to enhance them further.
- Ensure all transactions are recorded properly and in accordance with the definition set on DPDHL Accounting Manual and International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS).
- Review general or nominal ledger entries regularly to minimize if not eliminate adjusting entries and to detect any under or over statement of expenses on time.
- Analyze and compare month on month expenses to attain uniform distribution of cost during the year and make an accrual when appropriate to have consistency in reporting expenses.
- Prepare schedules to support balance sheet accounts and ensure that these are reconciled against general or nominal ledger balances immediately after month-end closing.
- Ensure preparation and distribution of required financial and accounting reports, including management information, in a timely manner. Ensure that all reporting deadlines are consistently met.
- Organize and plan work schedules independently to meet service delivery level with minimum guidance and able to take appropriate actions to resolve issues independently without much supervision.
- Work according to internal controls requirement and ensure work is submitted on time to Team Leader or Team Manager for review.
- Educated to Diploma/Degree level with an appropriate Finance and/or Accounting major.
- Minimum 0-1 years’ experience in Finance.
- Good Knowledge of MS Office including strong command on MS Excel.
- Ability to use formal and informal methods to persuade and influence others.
- Establishing a course of action to accomplish specific goals.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Ability to express well-thought concise and timely oral and written information.
- Good team player.
- Ability to effectively explore alternatives so as to reach common results.
- Demonstrating a high level of commitment, energy, resilience and tenacity in doing the job.
- Attention to detail.
- Tolerance to stress.
- Passion for delighting customers.
The organisation is a leading global logistics company, specialising in freight transportation, warehousing and distribution, supply chain solutions, present in over 220 countries and territories across the globe, with a workforce exceeding 350,000 employees.
- Working Hours: 8.30am – 5.30pm, 5 days a week – Day shift only
- Location: Petaling Jaya
- Base salary plus monthly bonus based on performance targets
- Benefits include medical coverage, annual leave and transport allowance