- Maintenance of accurate and timely accounting records in Netsuite accounting system;
- Responsible for full set of accounts ie AR, AP, GL and Cashflow.
- Ensuring the accuracy and timely closing of monthly accounts and management reporting;
- Prepare analysis/schedules of accounts for tracking, interpretation and monitoring
- Responsible for all SST related matters including computation, payment and filing
- Maintenance Fixed Assets Register and Hire Purchase Creditors Register as well as completeness of all its supporting documents
- Invoicing, revenue recognition, collections and AR register
- Perform day-to-day Accounts Payable transactions including verifying, posting, recording and maintenance of records in a timely and accurately manner
- Responsible for all bank reconciliations
- Cashflow management and reporting
- Perform and carry out any ad hoc tasks or responsibilities assigned by supervisor from time to time
- Apart from the regular finance and accounting tasks, there are opportunities to participate in the continuous improvement of the company’s internal controls and processes. There are chances to work on special projects when the opportunity arises.
- Should be hands-on with work and be open to sharing knowledge with the team. Socar values collaboration, spirit of excellence and innovative thinking.
- Have at least 2 years of experience in handling full set of accounts
- Preferably have prior working experience at a high-growth startup or mid-size fast pace company
- Hold Diploma/Bachelor Degree in Accounting
- Have advanced MS office skills, active user of an ERP system
- Meticulous, result oriented, able to deal with high volume transactions without compromise to quality and dateline
- Have impeccable work attitude and are willing to do whatever it takes to get stuff done
- Must be able to adapt to changes and works well with ambiguity
- Embrace diversity and enjoy working in a dynamic and multi-cultural environment
Terms of the Role
- This role can be part time / full time or on a freelance arrangement, depending on the candidates preference
- Remuneration for this role will be based on experience, finalized work arrangement and to be derived through mutual discussion
About the Company
At its very core, SOCAR has a simple mission of making Malaysian drivers happier , one shared car at a time. We want drivers to enjoy everything they love about driving a car without the hassle of owning one. After launching in Malaysia, we aspire to be more than just a product that Malaysians love but more importantly a company with values that represent innovation, empowerment and progress. We want to be the pioneers of car-sharing in Malaysia, and we want to be the first brand that comes to mind when Malaysians think of car-sharing.
Company Website: https://www.socar.my/